Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wedding Dinner

On the 6th, we had a beautiful dinner with our friends and family in Mike's parents backyard. I've got to say that one of the highlights for me was definitely the cake with a picture of us in the frosting. Never had my face on a cake before. I felt pretty important!! The Ellis family teased Mike about becoming the newest member of the clan by showing him that he officially shows up in the Jenson and Ellis family birthday calendars. Then they gave him his own personal set of family flashcards to help him get to know his whole new family. The Francis family then got their turn to take center stage. They each had something to share -- advice for the new couple starting married life together, and advice for Amanda for how to survive being the newest daughter-in-law in the Francis family.

1 comment:

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

oh I am so happy (and bummed since i was not there) for these pics! congrats! i loved the math related wedding cake - even though i have NO idea what the heck torus even means. =)