As many of you may have heard, my parents came to visit last weekend. I pretty much took the five days that they were here as my personal vacation, and put off all real life responsibilities until after they left. Which means that it has taken me until today to catch back up, and now I am finally prepared to blog about it (I know, everyone was just dying with suspense, right?). Those of you who know my mother will know that she is the champion of photo documentation -- so I will just post a few of the many pictures she took. I must add as a sidenote, however, that for the first three days we didn't let her take any pictures, insisting that we were definitely not going to do anything cute. So the following pictures actually only come from the last two and a half days of their trip. Surprisingly many pictures for such a short amount of time you may say... not if you know Erika :)
(and you can see even more silly pictures of the trip on
The Ellises Blog
We did a little puzzling:
You may notice a strange item in the background and think it is something that it is not. It is a "Klein Bottle". A very interesting mathematical object that my mathy friends gave us as a wedding present. Strange, yes. Drug related, no.
 
 
 
 
 
We did a little walking:

This picture is taken on Stewart Street, which is a beautiful street with big, old trees and big, old houses. We love this street.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We did a little hiking:
I love this first picture above, because there is one of these pictures taken everytime we go anywhere scenic. My mom runs up in front of us to snap an action shot of us walking towards her. Unfortunately, we are too dumb to slow down our pace, so we quickly realize that we are almost on top of her by the time she gets a chance to turn around and aim the camera; at which point we all try to go into super slow-mo while still appearing to be moving. It always looks ridiculous, and I always love it.
Ooooh... pretty
My mom has been sweetly and patiently hinting to me for weeks now, that Mike and I should post a picture of the outside of our home, not just the insides. I am a terribly lazy photographer, so i just never got around to it. But look how nice my mom is to pose us for just such a nice picture:
2 comments:
Cute house! I especially love the porch. Every house should have a porch like that.
I also love the fake walking picture. Very natural.
Where are you guys now anyway?
AWESOME!!! I love everything about it!!
We need to post pics of our little home too...Bucky told Mike to do that a while ago..bad us bad us, slap on hand.
Post a Comment