Monday, February 9, 2009

Talent Show Band

I'm not really sure how it all came to happen, but what I do know is that one day Mike came home from school and let me know that he was going to have "band practice" in a few minutes. Sure enough, fifteen minutes later I had a living room full of musical PA students. They decided to throw together a cover of "Leave the Pieces" by the Wreckers for the Shenandoah University Talent Show. (For those of you who don't know, Shenandoah is a Arts and Music Conservatory recently turned university with a few graduate programs in health care...)

Here you can see our Mike on electric guitar, Mike Beliew on acoustic guitar, Erin Abernathey playing the violin, and then Jess Elder and Jen ???? on vocals.

They practiced a few more times and then it was time for the big audition: They sounded great -- except for some terrible microphone drama -- and last week they found out that they made it into the SU Talent Show. Yay! I'll keep you posted on the results.

In other news, I stole a pattern from Martha Stewart, and made these cute little knitted hearts for a sister that I visit teach. Well, actually for her cats. I was supposed to put catnip inside, but I didn't have any, so I put some jingle bells inside instead. Hope they like them!

2 comments:

Missy said...

You are both so talented! I love the hearts...

mommaquincy said...

Wow! All that Rock Band really paid off! I am very impressed with your craftiness! You and Jenny are just too much alike. Have you looked at her blog? Kendalltimes or something like that!