Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our A/C Hero!!!

Last week there was a terrible heat wave in Winchester. I think it got above 90 degrees three days in a row. Our landlord took away our a/c units back in October. For the past week we haven't been able to sleep at night, we've taken to covering ourselves in frozen vegetables to be able to survive in our top floor, black roofed apartment. Anywho, Monday morning bright and early, Roger (our favorite Winchesterian) showed up to give us back our a/c. It made me so happy I had to take a picture of the wonderful man.
Also, we found out about Roger's new bobcat cub, a welcome addition to his iguana and oscillot. He was excited to be the designated driver at the upcoming town disco party. And he warned us, rather ominously never to move to Alabama -- because so many good folk "go missing" there! I love it when Roger comes for a visit. Never a dull moment.

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Is that legal to take away your ac? I'm glad you got it back!

G'ma J said...

Where are the pictures of Roger's animal collection?!!!!

Manda said...

Actually, they didn't really take away our ac. They just pulled the units out of the windows and put them in storage for the winter. (Heating bills are lower when the windows seal shut).

Next time I see Roger, I'll ask for pics of the pets.