We had actually planned to start this trip about a week earlier than when we actually left, but I was extremely sick and medicated and could not leave the house. Finally I got so stir crazy that I woke up one morning and told him we had to leave immediately even though I was still pretty much comatose. Mike is such a good sport, isn't he? He packed all our stuff and set out on a romantic cross-country adventure with his wife, the corpse. These are our first moments in Vermont: (note that we had to stop at the first ice cream / candy store after the state line to commemorate our happy success in making it there!)
|
|
|
Once we got to Burlington, we set up camp (literally -- tent, cooler, etc.) and then headed into town to enjoy the summer festivities at the Church Street Marketplace. Look how much fun I am having.
Ben and Jerry's famously originated here. So we went to the famous Ben and Jerry's Shop, where we bought some yummy ice cream and our FIRST BABY PURCHASE!!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Unfortunately, my coughing had gotten so bad that we decided that camping was no longer an option (if we didn't want other campers slashing our tires). We decided to stay in a fun little hotel in Bedford, Massachusetts. We drove into Boston That evening and then for all of the next day. Unfortunately, once we stepped off the train in Boston we realized that we didn't bring our camera. At first I was saddened at this discovery, but then I realized that Mike and I had inadvertently picked out matching outfits... and I'm actually kind of glad that there's no proof of how ridiculous that looked. Matching tourist couple? Yuck.
Anywho, Boston was fun.
Next morning we got up and headed to our favorite part of the trip: Long Island with Dave, Mel, Zanna, and James!!!
We ate, hung around, watched TV, ate some more, slept, sat around, ate some more, played with the kids, looked at scrapbooks, ate again and then headed home. I know Mel took at least one picture when we went out to dinner -- maybe she'll have pity and email it to me??
... and finally -- home again, home again jiggity jig.
We love coming back to our apartment. Especially when Mike volunteers for jobs like this:
Doesn't the bathroom look shiny and new? He's the best.



5 comments:
I'm so glad you decided to take that trip! I can't believe you are my daughter....forgetting your camera?! We love to hear/read/see(when you have your camera) everything going on with you guys.
He is definitely a keeper! You are pretty tough and amazing yourself!
I'm so happy to see the ice cream tradition carried on, though I'm not sure you enjoyed having it for breakfast at my house when you stayed over-night. Sorry I didn't realize that, I would have gladly eaten yours too, and fed you Wheaties!
Since you were sick AND because I have always wanted to take a trip to explore the NE ... you gotta do this trip again one day WITH us! One day...
Mike? Clean the bathroom? I don't even know you anymore.
Post a Comment