Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bored. Pregnant. Unemployed.

Here is what I have been up to lately:

I got excited about some cool 3D-looking flower pillows. They turned out pretty cool. Tutorial is here for anyone that's interested. Mike made me a "haven". In my haven I get to lay around all day and watch Netflix. You can see the projector and XBox set-up in the above picture. Below, you can see how nice my life is. Who doesn't want to see The Ghost and Mr. Chicken when they're feeling low, right? Today I finished this awesome hat for our little dude. I've made lots of these hats, but never one so small. It looks too small for a human head - even a baby's, right? Well, in a month we'll see if my head circumference charts and crochet calculations let me down.

A special thanks to our downstairs neighbors who gave us the stuffed leopard when they found out we were expecting. They have a ten-month old little dude, who apparently is too cool for leopards.

8 comments:

G'ma J said...

The pillows are reallly cute, I am redoing all the rooms in the house with colors in the rooms instead of the blah light color we had. The bedroom turned out beautiful, the bathroom carried a little of the boldness of the colors of Colombia, I think I will tone it down. I'm not sure I'm smart enough to do the pillows, maybe my brain will be more receptive when I am over the flu.

Erika Ellis said...

Love the hat for Wolflazer! Your place looks great! You are so productive when you are bored, pregnant, and unemployed! Good job

Cam said...

Oh my...that hat is adorable!! Really you made that?!? That is talent :)

mommaquincy said...

Way to use your time! Just don't start geneology, its very addicting!

Jessica said...

Great crafts, they turned out awesome!

Sarah K said...

You are the best blogger ever! I finally have a computer and internet up, so maybe I'll have to start doing that. I can't believe all the snow that's been going on, and hello....that is the cutest hat I've ever seen. Period. Miss you guys!

bethany said...

I've always wondered why you like Mary so much and now I know why. It's this common knitting interest you have. I am willing to bet that you, grandma ellis, and mary are the only ones who make those pillows and hats. It's pretty wonderful. Hope you're feeling alright.

mammasweet said...

I wish we could click our heals together and have you and Mary and Beth and Tina all standing with your belly's together. Wouldn't that make a pretty picture?