Saturday, July 10, 2010

4 Months

Fun things about Dex at 4 months:

-He loves to jump in his jumper, grab things, suck his thumb (except he can't really keep his hand in front of his head, so it's more of a fish hook thing going on), listen to songs, lay on his back and play with his fingers, watch tv (especially cartoons), and try out all kinds of noises (cries, growls, wheezes, squeals) that he can make...All.

- He can sort of sit up by himself. He has to lean way forward to keep his balance, though. It looks pretty funny. He still mostly likes to stand up whenever he can (whenever someone is holding him). He doesn't hate tummy time anymore, but he does get tired of it after a while, though, and then he lets his face smack into the floor.

- He doesn't sleep through the night anymore. What??? For the last month or so, he only sleeps about 3-4 hours at a time before waking up. Hmmm. Is he extra hungry and needs the nighttime calories? Or is feeding him multiple times a night "establishing bad sleeping habits"? I can't figure this out.

Look how much our boy has grown!

4 months : Does that mean it's time for some solid foods? Thoughts, anyone?

Do you notice how in the majority of pictures of Mike he's asleep? That's a pretty good representation of his life. Work. Sleep. Work. Sleep. etc.

6 comments:

Erika Ellis said...

Oh, did I mention we love this little guy!

mommaquincy said...

wow! What a smiley guy! I mean he smiles with his whole body! He is making that elephant look puny these days!

Missy said...

He sure looks like a happy little cuss!

Jessica said...

At 4 months solid food was just for fun, not really for nutrition, with my kids. Seems like they didn't really eat much until closer to 6 months, but practice makes perfect. Rice cereal is better with formula or breast milk than water.
Have fun!

Zach, Jen, Elizabeth & Summer said...

Dexter is seriously one of the cutest little boys I've ever seen! He's all smiles all the time. So adorable!

As for solid foods, everyone has different opinions. I've heard to wait until 5 or 6 months because it can cause allergies to introduce food too early. I've also heard that it doesn't matter - that there's studies that show it doesn't make a difference. I say do what works for you (as long as you don't have any suspicions that he has allergies). Elizabeth LOVED when she got her baby foods @ 6 months (we waited because we rightly suspected allergies).

mammasweet said...

Amanda, when mine went through growth stages, I found Blessed Thistle and Marshmallow Tea made the breast milk richer, lasted longer between feedings. He's SO CUTE!!