Thursday, October 28, 2010

Published

About a year ago I gave a talk at a youth fireside in Winchester. It was only a three minute talk, so I just told a quick story about my mission (When in doubt, that's the easiest way to write a talk, right?). Anyway, one of the stake YM leaders, Jason Wright, who is a successful LDS author, approached me after the meeting to tell me that he liked my story and thought he thought others might be as well. He asked if he could have a copy of the story. A few months later I sent emailed it to him, and then forgot about it until last night, when he sent me an email informing me that the Mormon Times would probably use my story. Imagine my surprise when my mom called me this morning to tell me that I was in the paper!

If you're curious, here's the link to my story.

Now, if I could just get some of my math work published. :)

6 comments:

Amy said...

Great story. Great writing. Great author. Yeah, verily, you totally rock! xo

Missy said...

That is a really sweet story. How fun to see it published.

mommaquincy said...

Like I said! You need to write a book about your mission experiences.

Young Ohana said...

You are such an amazing writer. Whether you are just writing random information on your blog or telling a mission story you always write sooo eloquently. That story was amazing. You should write down more of your experiences.. I would read them.

Shea Petersen said...

I read it! Pretty cool. Congrats!

Dave and Mel said...

Hey..I just read your story and loved it! thanks for sharing and being a great example. Can't wait to see you guys soon and finally meet the little man!