Thanks for the great idea, Mom!
Thursday, December 3, 2009
For / From My Mom
Tonight is our ward's Young Women in Excellence. I am currently running around, scrambling to get everything ready to load into the car and take over to the church to set up. However, before cleaning up my mess I decided to take a picture of one of my creations to show my mom. It was her idea, or anyway, she was the one who passed it along to me. For the Young Women personal progress, each young woman should read the entire Book of Mormon from first page until the last. It is a daunting goal for some of them, and my mom shared with me one way to cheer them on. We are giving each girl a "red" Book of Mormon. Because it's important to have "read" the Book of Mormon. We will be telling them that right now the books are "red" on the outside only, but they still need to be "red" (and "read") on the inside. they can use the red pencil to mark their progress as they read. (Is that a confusing paragraph to read, or what?)
I used this tutorial to make the book covers. You can't tell from the picture probably, but the red fabric is this awesome diamond velour stuff that really makes me laugh. Anywho,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
What a clever idea, too bad it doesn't work with Spanish. We are giving all of the young men and young women in the branch their scriptures and a red marking pencil as a service project from a ward in Atlanta. (One of the missionaries is from this ward, and his parents wanted to do something for the rama here.) Thanks for sharing this, I'm sure it will be used by many of us.
Great idea! I may steal it for our New Beginnings gift. Thanks for sharing!
What at clever team you two are! I love it.
Wow, how many YW do you have?
Post a Comment