Some Mike, Manda and Dexter News:
We love having Dex around. Mike was holding Dexter yesterday and laughing at the weird faces the dude was making and he said, "I really like being a dad.... It's like I'm proud of this little guy... but I mean, he doesn't really do anything." Dex seems to be experiencing with his facial muscles a lot more these days. It's funny to watch him try different faces out. In the video, mike is blowing in Dexter's face.
He still loves the ceiling fan a lot more than he loves us. In fact, when he's crying, if you can get him to calm down enough to open his eyes and you're under the ceiling fan - he forgets that he's mad and remembers his deep love for the fan.
Mike and I both gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy, and we are now trying to motivate ourselves to bring sexy back. To do this, we stole Dave and Mel's methods for dealing with their 4 and 6 year olds: Put a construction paper chart on the wall. We get to fill in a square every time we exercise or go a day following our diets. When the chart is full, we get a treat. Yep, we belong in primary. It works though. Plus, we get a free day once a week. It's Saturday. Oh, wonderful, beautiful Saturday. Saturday is when all the world is right. Saturday is when we go to Five Guys and get our bacon cheese burgers and bacon cheese dogs (I'm not even kidding) and sodas and french fries and then afterwards we debate whether Dairy Queen or Cold Stone would hit the spot better. And afterwards I try to figure out whether to go with regular or golden double stuffed oreos. And yes, basically, Saturday is the day we undo all the hard work of the preceding 6 days. We'll keep you posted about the ongoing Saturday vs. Sunday through Friday weight battle.
This Thursday for our combined Young Men and Women combined activity we had a Wii doubles tennis tournament. We had 8 remotes and 2 Wii consoles. We drew winners and loser brackets. It was all very official. I think the winning team received an egg carton full of golf balls. (Don't ask, Mike was in charge - so I don't know). Everyone had fun. I totally recommend it. In a bigger ward you could do it with more Wiis and bigger brackets.
In other news : we are getting really excited for Kurt, Jean, Dean, Erika, and Braden to come visit us this week. They should get here on Thursday night, and we just can't wait for Dex to meet everyone (and reconnect with his grandma ej). See you guys soon!


4 comments:
You totally made my day!!! His whole face is smiling! Have I told you how excited I am to come visit you guys? Only 4 more "go to beds"!
We're heading to Houston on the same day! I think Connie is heading to Mary's for the same time frame. When Grandmas are with their Grandkids, all is right with the world!! We used the ceiling fan thing on Grant today and it worked for him, too.
Hey guys!! I just saw all these new pics of Dexter and think he is just the cutest little guy and I love Mike's comment too about being a dad. His sad face is so sweet and you can't help but melt when you see it. I really wish we could come down for the blessing this weekend...it will be such a great weekend for you guys and I am excited for you! Can't wait to meet this kid and hopefully we will see you in June in UT!
Hey! Good job you two! Dex is the cutest thing ever. We really need to just take a road trip and see you guys. Oh and way to go on the whole eating right thing. That takes dedication, and boy Saturday sounds so fun!! You guys are so funny. Miss you!
Post a Comment