Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Town Troubadour

This post actually has nothing to do with Dexter, but I threw up this picture to appease my mother.

So, Winchester has a town troubadour. He's almost as cool as the troubadour on the Gilmore Girls, except that it appears that he only sings Counting Crows songs. On the up-side, I'm pretty sure he knows the words to every Counting Crows song ever written. I walk through the walking mall almost everyday, sometimes in the morning, sometimes at night... he's always there. I've often wondered where the guy lives, and what his story is.

Well, today I went on an earlier-than-normal walk (to beat the heat, see previous post), and he wasn't in the walking mall.

Gasp.

I felt lost and confused without him! But I continued my walk around the town. I found our town troubadour sitting on the front porch of a little red brick house in a cute neighborhood. Actually, he found me. He was drinking tea, and called out for me to stop when I walked past (he recognized me from my daily walks, it turns out). I found out that his name is Josh, and he is recently divorced, and thinks Dexter is a very "distinct"-looking baby.

6 comments:

Erika Ellis said...

Mother appeased...for today, thank you! We love "tummy time"!
Glad you found out about Josh, I'm assuming he has no other job, so must make okay money in the walking mall? Come on, what else did you find out about him?

mommaquincy said...

So its still hot there? Dex is distinctly adorable!

Mary said...

REaching out to the neighbors? I second Erika--what's the rest of the story? Does he live in the little red house? Does he prefer tea over coffee? Will he consider dating again? And then post some more pix of Dex. My kids are starting to recognize him by the pictures instead of calling him Baby Grant, but we need more practice:)

Manda said...

Well, to answer your questions... I don't know about his tea/coffee preferences. He DOES live in that little brick house - recently rented a room there. I didn't ask him about dating. He plays in a few other "venues" (although, I can't figure out when, since he's always at the walking mall). Mostly we chatted about how he probably won't be able to play in his regular spot during the Apple Blossom Festival, because he fears that his voice won't carry over the noise of the crowds. He seemed pretty upset about this. Also, I think he might have some drug abuse in his past, because he asked me how old Dex was approximately five times during our little chat. The end.

Mary said...

thank you for more story and for the pictures of Dex. I'm happy to see his manly nostrils, smile attempts and motivational fist. Tummy time getting easier?

G'ma J said...

a picture of Josh troubadouring coming? Thanks for all the fun pictures of Dex, I am so excited that I will meet him this weekend.