Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Music

Mike and I have definitively agreed that we need to come up with a good “Sunday Mix”. I thought that this would be a relatively easy project given that we have semi-similar tastes in music that become increasingly more and more similar, the more “mellow” the music gets (which is pretty much the definition of “Sunday Mix”, right?). However, we have failed to satisfactorily complete the task, and we must ask for help. What goes on a good Sunday mix? Churchy music only? Instrumental? Music with an uplifting theme? Anything that doesn’t make you feel unhappy? What do you all think? What are your favorite Sunday appropriate tunes and why?

Here's a funny story from Caitlyn -- the college girl

"So funny story: Last night I was watching a movie in my front room and my roommate tried to come home at about 11:30, and couldn't get the door open, so I checked the lock and deadbolt-- both open. We giggled and tugged, but to no avail. About a half hour later we realized that a screw holding on the bracket had come loose and bent in the lock. Yeah- sucky. one of my roomies was sort of panicking, not super helpful, anyway, we called someone who lived close and was still awake (surprisingly few people met the criteria) who came and kicked the door in. Now it closes and opens, but is split. Lovely really. I love cheap apartments!"

Thanks Caitlyn!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts on "Sunday music" go a little something like this...
If it makes you happy, can invite the spirit and even carries a good uplifting beat I think it's just dandy!! Uplifting beats just need to have uplifting words to accompany it, then it's Sunday worthy....but really to be honest, I'm not overly picky...I figure if it's mellow it passes!! Good luck with that!
Maybe you should ask the Cowboy church what they suggest :)

The Simmons 2

Manda said...

Thanks for the input. Hopefully we can agree on some tunes and get the job done soon!

Min and Mary said...

Catholic radio. That's ALL we ever listen to. My favorite program is "Saint of the Day" but the random assortment of classical instrumental, Celine Dion, John Denver, the polka, and Christmas carols for 6 months of the year, etc. keep me tuning in. Try something like "Franciscan radio" in a google search. You won't be disappointed.
BTW, I'm still trying to figure out a rotated PCA. Help, my little statistician, help!

mommaquincy said...

Amanda, Jenny got me started on Christian rock and I do like most of it. I must confess that I do like the EFY stuff better, but not always. Have you heard Paul Cardall's "Songs of Praise"?