Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mike's Birthday!!

This is the new "Music Corner" of our apartment. Mike got a new violin stand from Santa, so, we could finally set his instruments up together... Yay!! The birthday boy still had to go to school yesterday, which was lame, but, after school -- we went to a yard sale and a crappy chinese restaurant. You may think that these don't sound like very festive birthday activities, and you're right, but that's what Mikey wanted to do.
Anywho, after an evening walk through Winchester, I baked some cookies to take to a party that the other PA students were having. The party turned out to be a "kegger", complete with an exciting game of "Beer Pong" going on! Ha ha. Who knew that that would be the highlight of Mike's birthday? I have to admit that before last night I had never heard of nor seen "Beer Pong" before. It was strange and intriguing. While I didn't play, I did gather information about rules, strategies, etc. Dave, the party's host had a couple of Dr. Peppers in the fridge for us, which was nice, and a group of girls from Mike's class showed up with a birthday cake that they had made for him and another student whose birthday was the day before. We didn't stay long, but we had a good time getting to know the other students a little better.
Just for the record -- I bet I could kick anybody's trash in "Dr. Pepper Pong" should the occasion arise.

6 comments:

mommaquincy said...

So how would diet rootbeer pong work?

Manda said...

Well, I'm glad you asked. We get a ping pong table, and on each side we put six plastic cups arranged in the shape of a triangle (think pool balls), each half full of diet rootbeer. Then, the opponents, each armed with a ping pong ball, take turns trying to sink a ball into one of the other players cups. If the ball bounces before getting to the other end of the table, then the opposing player may swat the ball away from his cups. If not -- the ball must be left to drop where it will. If a ball lands in one of your cups, you must immediately drink it. Whoever has to run to the bathroom first loses. Sounds like fun, huh?? It is really for only the most refined tastes :)

Manda said...

Isn't the world wide web just amazing?? Facebook told me that there are actually picture of the Beer Pong Party online! Mike was tagged in them, the album is called "Shenanigans of 2010" posted by Jessica Elder. To see pics of me and Mike, stick with pictures 13 to 17, if you want more details of Beer Pong, check out 18-55.

Min and Mary said...

I love it! You bring the D.P. we'll find a pong table. Happy birthday Mikey! How old is the boy?

Manda said...

Just turned 26! And I'm just a few months behind him... yikes!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Bucky!!!
We miss your guys...when you come for Christmas, we're going out for Chinese!
I'm pretty sure Mikey had a DP for ya in your honor!